Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14

So here I am, day 14 of my quit. I've done this a few times now. Last time was 5 years ago. I figured that out when I reactivated my quiters profile on the Ontario Cancer Society's support line. I fell off the proverbial wagon this past summer. Then, the stress of the fall / winter, had me smoking almost a pack a day.

I had to fess up to my family that I was smoking again, when I was ducking out on Christmas day for a coffin nail. It was embarrassing, more than anything else.

So, there I am ... New Years Eve day, sitting on the back porch smoking my last one. I was toying with the idea of going to the store to get a small pack, so that I could smoke all night, but then I just said |to hell with it| I just wanted to stop, so I slapped the patch on my arm and didn`t look back.

So here I am, 14 days into my quit. It`s not too bad. I`m a tad stressed right now with the final move out of tbb tomorrow. I`m still sad. Honestly, I miss my best friend, but every time I think of her being around, I want a smoke. That in itself, makes me realize, it`s a good thing ALL of that is over.

One more week until a new habit is formed ... one more week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...