Thursday, January 12, 2012

Trust ... and learning a lesson


Having learned a recent and painful lesson, one that many go through, I've been reviewing my theories on ... well ... people. I'm usually very trusting by nature. I believe that there are invisable forces in the world working together to make me happy. I'm a "glass is half full" (unless it's wine, then I'll drain it) kinda girl. I believe the best in people, regardless of what other people say.

Recently I opened my home, my family and my heart to a "friend". She was a friend on troubled times, someone who I thought I could help. Then it got bad ... dark ... downright scary. I've discovered lies after lies. Deceptions both born of mental instability and of personal insecurity. A person so deeply troubled, that no matter what I tried, no matter hard I worked, I was doomed to be the villain ... and worse yet, eventually the victim.

Really, better than a blog, a picture says a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...