Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So ... I have this friend

who's smarter than most, and certainly knows me better than most people.  She's very tall, strikingly gorgeous, freakishly smart and has a scary level of insight.  Fortunately I love her, or she'd simply scare the hell outta me.

I went to her today with something I was chewing over.  She knew exactly what I was looking for, an honest an clear assessment of the situation.   She didn't blow smoke up my skirt, she gave it to me straight up.  One of the few with the balls to do it.  As usual, she was right, and she helped me make some good choices, even if they weren't the easy ones.

Funny thing is, as I was executing the actions to make the good choices, a good little piece of news slid in the side.  It made me smile, knowing it was a sign I was doing the right thing.

Thanks Michaela, I don't know what I'd do without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...