Friday, January 13, 2012

Waiting for the passing ....


Sad news. Dear Uncle Joe, who's currently 94 years old is currently in the hospital, his kidneys are failing and they've decided not to intubate. For my mother-in-law, he's her only living sibling left. She's a spry 83, but will be the last of 9 children when Joe passes.

Joe was always the quiet one. The spinster bachelor. Has never married, no children, simply lived with his brother George and his wife Wilda and worked the farm for his entire life. He's a hockey fan (Chicago) and a very soft spoken, shy soul. We named the youngest gift after him (a middle name) to honour this sweet man, and to have a piece of him carry on. He seemed so strong, so everlasting, but now we're just waiting for the call.

I love you Uncle Joe. Your absence will be felt by many, but we'll carry you on in our hearts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...