Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bursting with pride


I'm a mild hockey fan. I typically cheer for the Montreal Canadien's for two reasons. 1 - I was born in Montreal and 2 - I live in a MAJOR Toronto Maple Leafs fan base, so it ticks off a lot of people.


I had my confidence shaken in Hockey being "Our" sport. Ours being Canada's. The men got SPANKED by the Americans, and they had to play a long road to get back to the medal round. The THRASHED Germany, which was not to be a difficult challenge, but then to face their greatest adversary, the Russians ... well they THRASHED them too. Crosby, Stall and Nash (hey, wait a minute ... ) put the rhythm back into the Hockeymania ...


But ...


All along ...


The Canadian WOMEN'S team were awe inspiring. As I sit here watching them play for what could be (and hopefully will be) Canada's 8th GOLD medal of these games. I'm reminded of one thing ...


CANADIAN CHICKS KICK A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It WILL be the first time Canada has EVER won 8 gold medals .... and again, I'm so proud of our amazing women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...