Sunday, August 15, 2010

The fragility of life


Among the mundane tasks of a mother off for the weekend, I got to enjoy some special one on one time with my youngest monster ... errrrr child this afternoon. Parking my keister on the couch, I decide to work on some of the photographic gifts sent to me by my two favourite photographers. First one is a mother from San Diego, second one a blind gentleman from Toronto. He's unique beyond his limited eyesight, but rather the amazing quality of his work.

I realized I needed a smaller image of one I'd requested from him, so I fired off my typical begging email. His works can be sold in galleries, but for some reason he's kind enough to share the images with me for free. I'm very aware of this and am likely over the top when asking for even more favours, like resizing images, and resending them, like today's request. He's never turned me down, nor ever made me feel like I'm an bother, but I still try my hardest to be Uber nice.

I was almost ill today when he quickly answers me back that he's not sure when he can get to the request as he found his significant other had passed away some time this morning in her sleep. Rather suddenly and without warning. From what I knew, she'd experienced some back problems that had her off work for a while, but the last I'd heard, she was planning to return to work.

I honestly can't fathom what it would be like to wake up next to your beloved and find they're no longer of this realm. I can only imagine this poor friend is devastate and completely lost. I expressed my sympathies, but as always feel woefully inadequate.

Remember folks, hug your loved ones, you NEVER know when their (or your) ticket is up. I'm so very sorry Richard, for the loss of your beloved Jude.

2 comments:

  1. How awful!
    Deepest sympathies to Richard and his family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D. Her service is on Friday, he's working diligently to make sure she's remember for the beautiful woman she was.

    ReplyDelete

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...