Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Living off the grid ...


Every night on my painfully long commute home from work, I pass a good sized working farm that has a huge solar panel in front. It was installed about a year ago, and I wonder if the owners are working towards living "off the grid".

Obvious with a moniker of "TechnoMum" I'm pretty hard wired into the matrix. I doubt I could life off the grid, but it got me thinking. What if it could help reduce the drain I'm putting ON the system. What if I can help generate energy to become less of a harsh user to beautiful Mother Earth. It's something I need to look into.

Then again, with what a blow-hard I am some times ... perhaps a windmill in my backyard would have more impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...