Saturday, February 9, 2013

So, as I eluded to yesterday, things have changed rather dramatically for me.  I took some time and enjoyed reading through some of my past posts ... it's true, hind sight really is 20/20!

The ex-husband is now officially someone elses problem.  We were great parents together, but that really was it.  It was two adults inhabiting the same space, and while I accepted that for a long time, it had to change, and if finally did.  I got the house, we split custody, he stayed here until his new house was ready.  It was about as amicable as ending a 20 year relationship could be.  There were tough times, but it was the right thing, I haven't doubted that for a moment.

The addiction, turned best friend, turned love of my life, Shawn.  We were friends, we hung out, we talked (a lot!).  I did my best to set him and girl trainer up.  He was head over heels for her, but she just couldn't see the amazing man standing in front of her.  Her loss, eventually my gain.  Time and again, I told him he could do better.  Time and again, he told me I deserved more.  Eventually we both saw what was standing in front of us.  A best friend, a lover, a partner, the other piece missing from us.  He treats me like a princess.  I'm spoiled rotten by this beautiful, thoughtful, romantic man who makes me the center of his universe.  I miss him desperately when he's not with me, and I thrive in his presence.  I love him, more than I knew was possible.  Our foundation is trust, respect and friendship.  Nothing is more solid than that!

My work is still amazing.  I love my boss, as I emailed in that I wouldn't be in yesterday due to the storm, he promptly told me to stay put.  He empowers and supports his staff, I want to retire from this place!  In the absolute polar opposite, LBM (Lunatic Boss Man) from one of my former employers (see the blog rantfromacube) finally had karma come up and bite him in the ass.  Apparently he'd been stealing from the company (the company owned by his Uncles) and they finally caught him and fired him.  Rumour has it he'll be sued .... I'll be following this story closely.

So, here we are, underneath a blanket of snow from the Blizzard of '13 (Nemo) and I've never been happier.  Apparently life does begin at 40.  I've got so many amazing things to look forward to this year.  GenCon where they'll preview a movie I have a speaking part in, meeting some of the most amazing women I've been blessed to have gotten to know in the past 8 years, hanging with the little gifts, spending as much time as I can with the love of my life, working at a great place.  Yep, here's to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...