Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Decadent savings! $$$$$

I REALLY love saving money.  I get excited to see my bank account grow.  My boyfriend constantly says "are you winning at your favourite app again?" because I'm constantly on my banking app making sure everything is right. 

My former life was very different.  A deal was made more than a decade ago that I would give up management of the funds to prevent fights.  1stH and I had DRASTICALLY different views on money.  I'm the Scottish Virgo of a Single Mother aka CHEAP.  He figured debt was a standard part of life, live it!  We were constantly refinancing to get out of financial troubles.  Fortunately I've been able to turn things around in the New World Order and BF has the same views on money as I do.  Don't get me wrong, we'll spend money (and quite a bit of it) but frugally and on only what truly matters.

With this in mind, I thought I'd share some of my favourite tips.  Last Sunday morning BF and I went out for a crepe breakfast for two and had Mimosas ... sounds expensive right?  It actually cost us $5.20 (because I'm a good tipper).  Here's how we did it.

WagJag bucks- Because I subscribe to Telus (I love their calendars and they've got fair plans and good customer service), they reward me with $10 in WagJag bucks every month.  While it would be nice if these bucks accumulated, they expire every month, so I jump on them.

Telus Perks Info

So, using my Telus WagJag bucks, I constantly surf WagJag for deals in my area.  One of my FAVOURITE restaurants does a $30 for $15 so I usually snag one or two of those every few months, but this month I spotted a 2 crepes and 2 large coffees for $10.00 (value of $21.50) on my list.  SCORE.  I scooped this up using my credits so it cost nothing (you just had to pay the tax which was $1.30 and I tipped $4.00).  The crepes were delicious and BF and I defiantly plan to head back there again.

We then hit the LCBO to see if there was any of our favourite local Microbrewery Beer  Flying Monkeys Available, but unfortunately they were out of stock (we'll have to hit up the brewery downtown), but they were sampling Mimosas! 

Wheeeee ... it was a very decadent morning of savings ... which is my favourite kind!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...