Monday, February 11, 2013

A sad reminder ... of how fragile it is

It's my "single mom" feeling week.   Shawn's working nights, so while we're in contact via text, I'm running the show at home solo.  The gifts are currently in the bath, having been fed and filled out their Valentines Day cards for their classmates.  Chores are done, and it's time to get clean, into jammies and enjoy the night whether the choose Pokemon on TV or minecraft on the computer.

While taking a break and playing some games on facebook, one of my childhood friends IM'd me that someone I knew had passed away this morning.  CANCER.  God, the word is scary.  The woman who passed is not much older than me, and was my section leader in marching band when I was a teen.  She was a role model and a strong woman.  My friend didn't have a lot of details, just that it had gone to her brain after being diagnosed in December.  A life of a strong woman, cut way too short.

So, no matter what you're doing, just squeeze ever moment of happiness and love out of this life.  Tell those that you love that you DO love them.  Don't be afraid to live the life that makes you happy.  Be happy, life is simply too short.

Goodbye Cathy, I'll remember you fondly and I'm sad you were taken too soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...