Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sometimes this Mom gig baffles me


Today I left work an hour early to ensure I could be home for ECD boy's Parent / Teacher conference. He's in SK now, and I don't want him to view me as I did my father as the absentee parent who never makes it to his school stuff. I can't do it all the time, but I'll do it whenever I can.

So, I hang out in his classroom with him, waiting my turn to speak with his teacher. He's a good kid, I get it, but sometimes I need to remember that he's in KINDERGARTEN for crying out loud. I want to talk to her about his development, any areas for focus for improvement, goal setting, action plans, expectations, blah blah blah.

Techy, RELAX, he spends the day colouring and singing songs, this isn't a performance appraisal.

I love these little doses of reality check!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...