Tuesday, November 16, 2010

iPhone, iMac, iPad ... iLove!!!


Today was one of those truly awesome days. I made some good headway on the big brutal project I've been working on at work. I solved a couple of big problems with finesses and aplomb ... then I had to face the ick ...

Last Friday night my beloved iPhone went for a bath in some Merlot ... whoops, sh!t. I knew the bugger was fried, and since Telus had pretty much washed the hands of me, so I went to the Apple store on my way home tonight. I walked in with a big pout on my face asking if they took emergency walk in's. The giggle got me an immediate appointment. I pulled out my lifeless iPhone and slid it across to the Genius and asked him to fix it, while I pulled out my iPad to read. He quickly surmised that the "liquid" trigger was tripped, I explained the bath. I was figuring this was going to cost me about $250 ... merry Xmas Tmom!

Then

To my surprise

My amazement

My absolute bliss

He said that while typically warranty didn't cover liquid kills ... he'd make a one time exception and replaced my iPhone ... AT NO CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was STUNNED, THRILLED, and blissfully walking out with a half charged WORKING iPhone.

23 minutes of backup and we're back in the game.

SCREW YOU Mr. Gates, I am now HARD CORE APPLE FAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...