Saturday, September 11, 2010

A purrrrrrrrfect fit


So I started my new job this week. It's been the best entry into a new job that I've every had. There's obviously something in the works that I'm not quiet privy to, but for the moment, I haven't been assigned a bunch of categories to be responsible for. Instead, I'm the Category Manager of Special Projects. I've got some big tasks to do, nothing beyond my skill set, and it's actually a rather comfortable pace.

What I was most blown away with (really appreciative for) was that both my boss, and HIS boss to the time to come to my office and let me know that I'm valued and they're sorry they don't have more definite direction for me. They're concerned that I'll get bored, but I'm taking the opportunity to ready, learn their systems, lingo, file paths, etc. so that when I do have a set of categories tossed at me, I'll be able to move fast.

What can I say, I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...