Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Like the proverbial rats ...



Did I mention? I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *insert happy dance* Oh yaaaaaaa! I didn't go after this opportunity, but rather was headhunted. I got the offer ... ON MY BIRTHDAY (too cool) and was able to resign my job that day.

I had some "challenges" with the lack of flexibility *cough*respect*cough* that I had with my current employer, and I honestly felt like I was spinning my wheels. I was trying my hardest, but little was coming of my efforts. I've got the opportunity to get back into my roots and do something I'm truly passionate about. Well that and week two on the job they're sending me to Vegas for a trade show. BOOYAH.

So, today we hear rumours that the mandatory "half day Fridays" that we've been forced to take during the summer to a tune of a 10% pay cut (which only really worked out to about 3% per year) may now be permanent. Lovely, if I'd stayed I'd be earning approximately 14% less than when I joined the organization. Ummmm no thank you.

I'm gone, and I expect more of the good talent will follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...