Thursday, April 5, 2012

My latest addiction

I have a very addictive personality; this is no secret to those who know me. I’ve battled the coffin nails (cigarettes) for most of my life (I’m 3 months clean and going strong). I also addict to food; back when I was working as an Assistant Buyer for a classical music company, I ate a ham and cheese sub from the SAME sub shop every day for 1.5 YEARS. To this day, that’s still my favourite type of sub.




I also someone addict myself to people. If I find someone that I REALLY like, that I get along with REALLY well, then I want to be around them as much as possible. I smile every time I hear “This Afternoon” by Nickelback, because my favourite line is “from the moment I wake up, I just love being with my friends”. It rings so true, when I’m not working and not sleeping, all I want to do is hang out with my friends and family. My trainer (Shawn) has become a good friend and I love not only hanging out with him at the gym but just about anywhere else, he’s an awesome guy and a blast to hang out with.



But my latest addiction is working out. My facebook friends warned me it would become an addiction. I didn’t believe them, even knowing MY addictive personality. But it’s true. Here I am on day three of not working out and I cannot WAIT to get out of here tonight and get to the gym (shame Shawn’s on nights so I’m on my own). I went to an AMAZING concert on Tuesday and then out for a birthday dinner with an old friend (older now ;-) last night, so there hasn’t been time. I’m tired today, my throat’s sore, I should go home and sleep, but ALL I can think of is “I wonder if I can cut out a tad early and hit the gym for a bit longer”. Yep, I’m hooked.



That and my SACW (Super Awesome Co Worker) just had a 10 minute conversation on the best vibrators and lubes … ahhhhh I love my addictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...