Saturday, February 25, 2012

Friends, relationships, schedules, expectations ....

I have a very busy, and sometimes complicated life.  My groups of friends are diverse and dynamic.  I tend to have girls weekends, wine weekends, get away weekends, party weekends ... like I said I'm busy.

A complicated situation came up this weekend.  A friend unknowingly (rather obtusely) blew my plans to hell this weekend, and I had to scramble to save a night I'd been looking forward too for a while now.  Ok, it wasn't going to be quiet what I had in mind, but it would still be a good time.  Then, this morning, the same friends tells me that it's changing (again) .... oy.  She wants me to involve myself into her personal affairs to change the dynamics of this weekend, yet again.  She wants me to take on a responsibility, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with and to really go out of my way for her.  Normally I'm the "shirt off my back" type person for a friend.  I'll drop everything and do anything I can to help a friend, because that's what my friends do for me.  However this "friend" is more like the "friend of a friend".  She's been nice, but she's rather self absorbed and I don't know if I want to walk this landmind for her.

What I'm struggling with is saying No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...