Monday, January 15, 2018

Not just ear pudding

In one morning, both of my favourite morning Radio Hosts managed to piss me off, causing me to change the station, for good.

It started with the announcement that Michelle Williams was paid $80 per day (per dieum) to reshoot scenes of her new movie “All the Money in the World” to put Christopher Plummer in to take out Kevin Spacey.  Kevin is now on the blacklist for his actions and lack of an authentic apology of allegations of previous sexual assault.  However, her co-star in the movie, Mark Whalburg needed $1.5 million dollars to participate in the reshoot, very clearly highlighting that there is an obvious wage disparity between the genders.  As Charlie finishes telling this story her cohost Dale breaks in with “I’m sick of this, all I have to say is that she needs a better agent”.  Charlie pretty much stopped talking as my jaw hit the floor.  I’m sorry old white man; you think you know how the world works?  Well guess what, Michelle Williams HAD the SAME agency as Markie Mark.  So it’s not just a “she should negotiate better” but rather SCREAMING out that women are not valued monetarily what men are.

I’m seething but I’m thinking, well, he may be an old, out of touch fart, but Charlie is still good.  Then … she proceeds to break my heart as she totes the amazing mothering advice with Kelly Clarkson who believes hitting children is a positive parenting trait.  WAIT, its 2018, you STILL believe that spanking your kid is ANYTHING other than you losing your control? 


Gross, thankfully I have B101, even if my favourite announcer from there went on a new path a few months ago, music is still good and you don’t get that echo chamber effect of idiots talking out of their asses.    Goodbye 107.5 Koolfm Barrie, and good riddance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...