Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Trump Effect

Today has been exhausting.  I purposely stayed off the internet last night during the US 2016 Federal election because I didn’t think I could handle seeing how close the race was.  You know, because they were saying Hillary had a 90% chance of winning.  Nobody was going to elect this misogynist, homophobic, sexist, racist hate and fear monger right?  Right?  I’ll just wake up in the morning to hear that the USA has elected its first woman President.



And then it’s the end of the world as we know it.  WTeverlovingF ‘Merica?  Please tell me I’m still dreaming, that I’m now ridiculously late for work because I’m having this horrible nightmare where the Tangerine Terror, the Orange Tyrant just became president of the world’s last super power.  But, he wants to move ‘Merica back to the 50’s, when the African Americans dealt with segregation (and didn’t take the white males jobs) and women were kept in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant (and didn’t take the white males jobs) and the Mexicans were still in Mexico (and didn’t take white males jobs).  He’s going to stop Muslims from entering America, and even deport some (so they can’t have the white male jobs) … well shit, guess who voted for him.  The white vote brought Trump in.  Looking at the exit polls, white men (and women) under 40 and lower educated voted in this monster.  It’s so clear now.  Hillary is the epitome of the political establishment.  She’s wealthy, white, and powerful and likely corrupt.  That’s what you kind of expect of politicians and a whole bunch of Americans said ENOUGH!


I get that you want change, you want big sweeping impactful change … but you just brought in this centuries evil war monger to make change.  You put a big spike down the middle of your country of hate and fear and terror … and somehow you’re supposed to just pick yourself up and carry on like nothing is wrong.


I’m sorry United States of America, I’m sorry it had to get this bad, that you truly had to hit rock bottom.  I hope you can heal, I hope you don’t end up destroying yourselves and I’ll just be here with a cold beer, warm poutine and a refugee center for my newly persecuted American friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...