Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The monkeys and clowns.

Work is getting to me again.  It’s strange; this is usually a pretty chill time of the year.  Deadlines are 5-6 months away, it’s not the “height of launch season” which is our stressful time of year (spring) but work is STRESSING ME OUT.


I need to keep repeating to myself, that while this is my circus, these clowns are not my responsibility and while this is my zoo, I’m not responsible for or to most of these monkeys.  My department has a terrible reputation for a poor work ethic.  One coworker (TCW) is currently bringing her suspended 17 y/o daughter to work here this week.  Wait .. WAT?  She’s suspended from school, so she’s going to bring her here so she can “work” for our company.  She’s literally getting paid to sit around and draw.  She’s not contributing anything to our company, and she’s getting PAID for it.  Sweet deal.  I bet $10 she’s suspended again a couple of times.

Another one of my coworkers (chatterbox) cannot come into work on time.  The big boss has sent out multiple emails stating the start of work is 8 (you can leave at 4:30) or 8:30 (you can leave at 5:00.  Those are the company hours.  However, every day chatterbox shows up between 9:10 – 9:20 … literally EVERY DAY.  I have one of the longer commutes out of my coworkers and I can manage to get in on time, even with dropping kids off at daycare.  This monkey lives with her mother, and STILL can’t get to work on time.  Worst of all, there seems to be no repercussions. 

People do shit, stupid shit here and never own up to it.  Idiot Field Sales manager decided to send two display kits to each of our reps (instead of the one I authorized) just in case they needed a backup.  Dafuq?  Those are VERY expensive kits, the reps have a ridiculously high turnover rate, and the backups are to be kept HERE.  Dumbass, please never procreate.


 This is a highly successful, billion dollar company.  I would expect highly professional Mensa type people to work here.  Instead we have an R&D Manager that isn’t interested in making technical discoveries … even when they’re handed to him on a silver platter; he’s too busy being LAZY.  Where people’s first reaction is “no” … before you even finish the question is “no, we can’t do that”.  SERIOUSLY?  Sometimes I feel like I’m trying to nail water to a superhydrophobic surface!


*sigh* I do love what I do.  I get to be creative and work on really cool products.  I get paid decently, and I’ve been recognized for my hard work and contributions.  I have multiple awards and a recent promotion to show for it.  I have reasonable working conditions and for the most part get along with everyone, that’s why I stay.  I like my job, I just can’t suffer the fools who get paid far too well for what little they contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...