Thursday, May 1, 2014

Things that can’t be unseen

I woke up this morning to yet more breaking news of scandalous crack smoking video of “Mayor” Rob Ford.  Along with that, yet another audio tape drunken stupor of him at a bar.  This difference this time, from ALL the other times is that he’s finally admitted he has a problem and is going to rehab.  WOW.  Ok, I don’t like the man, I think he’s a giant @$$, but his children love him (I’m guessing) and I do hope he manages to get the monkey off his back.  I personally know how hard it is to kick an addition (cigarettes, not crack) so I do wish him well as a human being.  I hope he sobers up, gets clean and goes on to live a QUIET and productive live (if the gods are listening, please let it be out of the spotlight and away from politics). 

As I’m scrolling through my facebook feed at work, I see there’s a link to the transcripts of his drunken stupor tape from Monday night.  Ohhhh, I heard parts of it on the radio this morning, but it was tough to make out through his slurring, and the bleeped out what he said about a competitor in the Mayoral race, so I clicked on the link.  When you do this on the beloved book of face, it drops down more feeds that are associated, and you might find interesting.  It presented me with this.



WHAT.THE.EVER.LOVING.PHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.  But … but … but … where’s the brain bleach?  Good lord, I don’t judge people for what they do in their private lives, but for the love of all things holy, if you’re going to be a public figure, get control of your image.

I’ll never be quite the same after seeing that again.  For the record, I did click through and the post was removed … but that image will live burned in my brain EVERY time I see Rob Ford now.


LML – hold me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early in the pandemic, I read, “We’re all in the same storm, but riding it out on different boats”, and I’ve carried that along with me.  I’...